Friday, April 3, 2009

Wesley's Health Update

Finally, Wesley is breathing without any gasping or choking sounds. Most all of the swelling has gone down. There is still a little swelling in the front of his throat (esophagus) He now in addition to the mono and tonsillitis (he had) he now has croup. His O2 sats are at 95/96 on room air. He is still going to have to do the nebulizer treatments for at least another week. He was finally able to eat something (half a cheeseburger) yesterday afternoon. He was surviving on sips of water and vanilla milkshakes. He actually gained a pound from Monday till Friday! He is still weak and tires easily. He gets a coughing/choking spell when he tries to play. One good news is that since he had mono so young he will not be hit with it again when he is a teenager. The pediatrician was impressed that I was able to do all of her instructions to a T and keep him out of the hospital. She said every night she kept waiting thinking I would call during the night. I was determined he would be better here at home with us and he was. I know he would not have gotten over any of this had it not been for all the prayers on his behalf. So from the bottom of our hearts Thank you for the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment