Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stupid question

What happens when you ask a stupid question? You get a stupid answer, of course!

I knew it was coming. I could just tell it was about to happen. I was so not in the mood. One look on my face and anyone should have been able to see that I was not happy at the time. There was no joy, no smile, no laughing just a look of determination to get in and get back out as quickly as I could given the fact I was in the place I call purgatory on earth. Wal-Mart.

We (me and all four kids) had to run in and get 5 things, simple just 5 things, I had already told them in and out quickly! As we got our items and were heading toward the register I saw her. She was at first standing there looking around and then as we got closer her eyes focused in and locked on us. She moved over to stand completely in the middle of the isle.

All I could think was get out of my way.
Not happening. As we continued up the isle she didn’t move or even flinch. As we got right up to her she put her hand out and said, “Are all four of those kids yours”?

I couldn’t help myself. I replied, “Of course, who do you think they belong to? Do you see anyone else around?

Then she says I am one of four kids myself and whenever I see a woman with four kids I just have to hug her. (I thought not me.) As I tried to move around her she reached out and grabbed me and preceded to give me a hug and said, “ I am so happy I saw you with 4 kids today.”

To be honest I wasn’t. The big fact is she touched me. You that know me know how I like my personal space. Do not get to close, don’t touch. It makes me uncomfortable. This is with people I know. So to have a total stranger do this just actually made my mood worse.

The hardest part was not saying anything but Thank you.

I mean I had 8 eyes and 8 ears taking in my every look and sound I made. What other choice did I have?

Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment