This past Saturday we decided to take the kids fishing at the lake.
After setting everything up the kids actually baited their own hooks except for Wesley who announced that he does not touch “worm guts.”
Adrianna after casting and reeling her line right back in several times decided that something was wrong because no fish was on her hook yet.
I explained that you have to cast your line, wait, and watch patiently for the fish to bite. Well she announced that she did not like patience and she was done!
So she proceeded to climb the trees, throw sticks, throw rocks, catch caterpillars, and even bury dead ones she found, not to mention decided to play with the live bait of night crawlers we were using. She thought that since they were crawlers they should crawl, so she let them crawl on her face, arm, and neck.
Wesley would cast his line and reel it in all the while yelling “speed demon” and then see the worm still attached would complain, “oh man,” and then throw it back in to again reel it in yelling.
When he finally got the worm off and reeled it in he started yelling and jumping up and down, I did it, I did it.
I actually thought he caught something till he said no I got the worm off so now I can catch a fish.
He explained that he has to get the worm off and it will float in the lake and a fish will swim by, see it floating, and then eat it. He will then throw the hook in and the fish will come back by to see what it is and then that’s when I will pull him in like a speed demon before he gets loose.
This is what he calls fishing. I shook my head and left him alone as he was having “the mostest fun fishing”
Conner did well but got tired of nothing biting and was ready to go swim.
Kasey did well also. We were actually surprised that “girly girl” would get her hands dirty like that. She baited her own hooks and cast out herself. She did great at casting but also got tired of nothing biting.
We weren’t going to let them go swimming but we relented and let them go in the lake. It was typical lake water dirty and muddy. I tried really hard not to think of all the things floating or swimming in there. Mike and I sat in chairs and watched them. The kids splashed and had a ball.
No comments:
Post a Comment