
Since coming back from the mission trip I have moved four kids and the contents of a house that we called home for over 15 years. We accumulated a lot in those times especially when you factor in all the stuff that 4 kids have. I got everything settled and unpacked and put in its place in our new home. It feels and seems like we have been here longer than the 2 months that have actually passed. I am use to the entire house being painted a light yellow. I have been adding color in bedding and accessories. Mostly reds of course with some dark brown, beige, and hunter green. It is coming together.
My days of having what some use to call a model home are long gone. That has been tossed aside since Kasey started walking followed by the others and that is fine with me. Our home is lived and loved in, and we hope very inviting and welcoming. Not many guests over yet but know that it will change.
I think I have adjusted well to the move. I really like it here and the area is so nice. Evidentially we live on the right side of the “river.” I found out that the river is what people who always have lived here call the interstate. Who knew? I thought they meant the lake. I don’t have to venture over to the other side except to go to the post office and BJ’s warehouse. So not too bad.
We have been visiting some churches in the area and have not felt yet that God has shown us where He wants us to be. I know He will in His time. It’s hard to be patient sometimes but I am working on it. It is different going to church and not “doing” anything. I know He is teaching me and preparing me for what He holds in store.
I have not made any friends out here yet. I only talk to two women at this point. I know I will be meeting more since school has started and of course I will be there and active at the functions and parties and such. I am missing all my friends more than I thought.
I love, love, love the fact that Mike is home with us more. We are closer than we were and are having fun learning and doing things with just us. We miss the family and all the get-togethers but it has been nice just spending quality time with each other without the rush of everyone else and everything else going on. He is very helpful around the house sometimes and has his own special routine with each one of the kids every night.
The kids are back to doing their singing and dancing for us to watch. We do not have a TV in the living room so it is family time when we all are in there. The kids will make-up some of the sweetest and silliest songs and dances for each other and us. Better than any TV show.
Sorry to let some of you know but I really am happy here with Mike and the kids. I feel a peace and calmness that this is where we are suppose to be at this time for God. He has plans for us and I cannot wait to see what it could be. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.
Please pray that I will continue to center my focus on God’s will for me and that I continue to be the wife, mother He created me to be. Please pray for our family that we left that they would look to Him for the comfort that only God can bring as they adjust to us being gone. Please pray that our house would sale/lease and help us financially with the cost expense of two properties. Pray that I continue to be an example to those that I meet that they may see Christ living in me.
Colossians 1:9,10
No comments:
Post a Comment