I’ve had an up and down week. In talking to a friend today I confessed I feel out of sorts. I know God is trying to tell me something through this week.
There are times when things are going so smooth and everything just works out, exactly as I want. Other times I can’t seem to get a break. Nothing goes anywhere close to the way I want. After talking to my friend I realized that my center is off. I have been so involved in church that after Mike and the kids it was my next priority. Now I am not complaining. I loved everything I did at church; I felt I was exactly where God wanted me to be, doing what He wanted me to do. Here I have no idea what to do. I feel out of sorts, almost lost. My friend pointed out that maybe God is using this to teach me patience.My comment was, “well I wish He would hurry.”
I am a planner, an organizer, and a doer. I see something that needs to be done I just do it. Here I have to wait. Wait for God to show me what He wants me to do.
Mike and I have said all along that we feel God has a plan and a purpose for us being here at this place at this time. I just would like to know what it is. I know that when God wants me to act He will show me where and when and what I need to do. I know all this and more about God’s timing is best.
Our human nature and upbringing and society tells us to take what you want, go for it. Look out for yourself.
When you live your life for Christ you live for Him and it is so much harder. But it is not impossible because I know I can call on Him anytime with all my fears, cares and worries and He will hear my cries and comfort me as only He can.
Until then I will try to sit a little more patiently.
James 1:2-5
No comments:
Post a Comment