Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Conner Update


Conner loves playing with his army men in his room. He also has been riding his bike a lot since we moved. Conner has been holding his own being surrounded by girls (5 total) He will show off doing tricks on his bike, rollerblades, and the trampoline. He is going non-stop from the time he is up till he goes to bed. Mike has been teaching him to shoot a pellet gun and they have spent a lot of time together shooting at the targets that Conner finds around the woods. He says every time “ I am getting so good at this” I am not sure, he hasn’t hit the target once yet but he keeps trying. I think he enjoys spending the time with dad more than anything. It’s their special one on one time together.
Conner says he misses his Granny’s biscuits more than anything. He calls her The greatest biscuit maker ever in the whole world. When I told him we were going back for a visit he got so excited because he knew that she would make him all the biscuits he could eat for a week. I think he got his fill but he of course said he didn’t. He had a lot of fun playing with June & Augusta but can’t wait for Ryan to get big enough to play with too. He loved spending time with his family and misses them all even Aunt Theresa.
Conner will be going into the 2nd grade when school starts. He is so excited he can’t wait. He wants to make some friends and be able to play with boys his own age!! We know that he will make friends easy and have a smooth transition. He also has announced that he wants to make another deal for the school year. I think everyone knows that is how he got his Mohawk haircut by making a deal. His deal, in exchange for making all A’s the whole year again and not missing any days of school; he will not have to get his hair cut and at the end of the year get another Mohawk haircut with it colored and leave the top long so he can spike it up really high. I wasn’t sure but we agreed and Mike said he could’ve asked for worse or more. So we will see what he looks like as the year goes by.
Pray for Conner to keep focused on what matters most. Pray that he will continue to make his decisions on his beliefs and not what others think.

John 6:29
John 6:35

No comments:

Post a Comment