Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kasey's answer

Last night I was helping Kasey with her homework in Social Studies and it was talking about migration. It was a summarization of why people migrated and how they did it. She was having a difficult time trying to understand this one question she kept saying it just didn’t make sense to her. The question was, “Why and what would motivate and determine where people migrated to in the regions of North Carolina?” The answer had to be explained in at least 5 sentences.

I asked her what the problem was and she said, “Mom, God decides where He wants you to go and what he wants you to do. All you have to do is pray and ask then He will tell you.”

After much discussion and trying different ways to re-ask the question so she could answer from the textbook I had to stop and tell her let me think and we would come back to it.

She continued to struggle even after we reread the chapter and kept saying but mom God is the answer. He tells us what we should be doing for Him and where He wants us to do it.

I pray..
May God continue to fill Kasey with the knowledge of Your will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And I pray this in order that Kasey may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please You in every way; Bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of You.
Colossians 1:9,10

No comments:

Post a Comment