I had an absolutely horrible day yesterday. Everything that could go wrong did. People I talked to trying to get things straightened out with didn’t help, only aggravated me more. Wesley was into everything all day and the kids were wound up when they got home. I did not get anything done I had planned to do. I wanted all day to just go back to bed it was too stressing and I wound up with a headache trying to deal with it all.
I was to say not in a good mood but, then I got a phone call last night from a very good friend and after talking to her I thanked God for her and His timing. She is one who I have a special connection with. We grumble, complain, fuss, laugh, praise, and give thanks together. She lets me vent as do I her. She can always make me laugh and that she did last night. Mike cleaned the kitchen and dealt with the kids so I could talk with her. It was so great and she helped me to see things that had happened were not as bad as I had thought. She laughed at what I was fussing about. She was laughing and asking, “So things aren’t perfect there?” I told her no, things weren’t perfect here, but I still would not want to be anywhere else. This is where our home is. We feel deep in our heart that this is where God wants us to be. We know that everything will work out to His glory.
We have issues and problems here that we had back in Ga. Just because we moved we did not leave them all behind they are the same just different place. I see these difficulties that are being shown to me by the world are not mountains, but through prayer that they are just anthills to the Lord. The ways in which I react and deal with them are what He is trying to teach me. We all are human and we all want a quick fix to solve whatever is wrong so we can move on to the next thing. We want the easy simple path. God did not promise us happiness but joy and I know the only way to have true joy is through my relationship with Him.
Happiness is an emotion stemming from our situation and feelings. Pure joy comes from Christ no matter what the situation.
HABAKKUK 3:18
No comments:
Post a Comment