Well I shared my testimony/experience about the mission trip that I went on this past June to the Dominican Republic.
I of course was a nervous wreck and my stomach was in knots as usual. Every time I have to speak it happens. I am positive that I will never get use to standing up in front of people and speaking.
I took a speech class in college and that did not even nowhere prepare me for the speaking I have done. I have spoken to as few as 15 women to over 200 people at one time. It doesn’t matter what size the crowd I always get so nervous. I know what I am speaking about and I know I have the heart and passion to present it but just the thought of standing up in front of everyone stresses me.
I am much more comfortable behind the scenes helping doing with no one knowing. I do not like being the center of attention like that. But I have come to realize when God calls you to do a task for Him, He will give you the strength you need to just do it. If someone would have told me 4 years ago that I would regularly stand up in front of people and speak about missions and God I would have told you no way!! I cannot do that. Yet every time there I go again.
I once had a lady tell me something and coming from this certain lady I was actually surprised at her words. She told me that obviously God has called on me to speak at certain times and places for Him, and that if I ever get use to it and comfortable where I have no fear of standing up and sharing then I had better watch out.
I have thought about that many times and especially every time before I speak. I think she was in her own way telling me (or what I got out of it) that by me not being nervous and being confident in myself that I would feel I didn’t need God to get me through it and in turn that would block the message He wanted me to share.
Tonight I shared with the church we have been attending here in Mooresville. After I had finished and we were leaving Linda came up to me and with tears in her eyes told me, “ You don’t know but I have been going through some things that I feel like will break me. Your words tonight were meant for me. I just want to thank you for being willing to share what the Lord has shown you.”
That made it all worthwhile and for that reason I will continue to share as God directs.
Acts 1:8
No comments:
Post a Comment