Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A little lesson

We try so hard to teach our kids right from wrong and sometimes it seems like all we do is correct them. I wonder if anything we say ever sinks in.

Well last night I heard a conversation between Conner, Adrianna and Wesley that made me realize they not only hear but listen as well.

Conner, Wesley and Adrianna were playing upstairs and Wesley somehow kicked Adrianna. She got upset and started crying so Wesley said, “sorry for kicking you Adrianna, okay” Adrianna tells him that its not okay because it hurt, Wesley said “well I said I was sorry so there.” Adrianna replied that it still hurt.
Conner speaks up to remind Wesley “sometimes its not enough just to say your sorry, you have to mean it.”

I thought they do listen!

I also realized that although I teach my children daily, they also teach me and I thank God for that.

Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment