Of course I did. Those that know me know I have a tendency to speak first before finishing the “thinking process.” Well last night we were at a church we had visited on Sunday for their VBS this week. The kids and I were excited as they were using Dino Detective: Digging for God’s Truth. That is the same one that our church had used and we missed. So I am in the adult class that is studying the same lesson as the kids and the question for the night was Why am I here. Good question.
As we are going along in our lesson and discussion the teacher brings up when Achan stole after Joshua had won a battle that God had sent him on. Well the teacher asks what was the punishment for Achan. No one says a word and everyone kind of looks around so remembering that I had taught this very lesson during WOL I speak up and share that his punishment is death.
The teacher says that’s right but how did he die. So I spoke and the pastor spoke at the same time. Which would have been okay except for the fact that we said two different ways. The teacher says this is good with a smile and so we go to the book with all the answers and looked up Joshua 7:25 to see who was right. Then he had me read the passage a loud. After that was settled we went on with discussion while I am in my mind going “ don’t say anything, don’t say anything” but you know of course we had one more point that came up and of course I had to speak up again. This time it was about the difference in animal’s souls and human’s souls. After I spoke my opinion on the subject and this time the pastor agreed I knew I would not say another word. And I didn’t because class time was up. The man who asked about human souls versus animal souls is the choir director. I am just making a presence known.
Psalm119:11
P.S. I was right they were stoned and burned.
I just found out tonight that the man teaching the class is the associate pastor. I did not say a word tonight during discussion. Thought things but no speaking:)
No comments:
Post a Comment