These last three days have seemed to move so slow with Kasey & Conner gone. Tuesday was an eventful day as all the love and sweetness Adrianna & Wesley had for each other was gone. It was annoying; all they did was pick and aggravate each other.
We did manage to get the house clean, wash clothes, went grocery shopping of course using lots of coupons.
Wednesday, Adrianna went over to Hailey’s house for a girl party to swim and spend the night. Adrianna has missed her and was so excited to be able to spend time with her. They get along great never fighting, arguing, or even disagreeing.
That meant I had Wesley all to myself with everyone else gone and Mike working. We had some snuggle time and played Lego’s. He was excited to go to church and see his friends. He said he had a good time singing in choir and in his RA class they took a discipleship test and his teacher said that he did really well on it. He prayed for Conner, Kasey and the other kids that are at camp this week. After church I treated Wesley to Burger King where he got the new transformer toy in his happy meal he was very excited and even slept with it that night. It has been his companion all day today as well.
This morning Wesley asked if we could snuggle in the bed and watch a movie, of course I said, yes. It was nice and I loved every second of it. It had been too long since it was just he and I together alone to talk and snuggle. I cherish every time he asks me for I know that day is coming (as it did with Conner) where he will be “too big” to want to love on mom.
When we arrived at Hailey’s house to pick Adrianna up she came around the corner and I was shocked! Four inches of the bottom of her hair as well as a streak on the left side was green from the chemicals in the pool. After we got home I googled home remedies to see what I could do to remove the green color. I knew there was a product called swimmer’s shampoo but I did not want to pay $10.49 for one bottle of shampoo for her. I read several different remedies online and decided to start with one that called for tomato juice or ketchup, since I didn’t have tomato juice I went with ketchup seeing how we have over 22 bottles of it. Wesley claims all of it is his. He kept telling me that I was wasting it; ketchup is to be used on food not on hair. I told him Adrianna needed it to get the green out of her hair therefore it was not being wasted. He did not agree with this and we would up having to call pawpaw and get him to tell Wesley that it was okay for me to use it on Adrianna’s hair. He told Wesley he would replace his one bottle with two if he let me use one. Wesley agreed, he wasn’t thrilled with it and I could not persuade him that it was not being wasted. It did work though the ketchup took the green out. He really has missed Kasey and Conner this week as Adrianna has also.
It has been different having just the two of them instead of all four. I am use to having all of them all the time with me so when I have only three or two it throws me off. I have really missed having Kasey & Conner around. I miss their smile, laugh, jokes, and especially their hugs and kisses. I miss being around hearing about their day. I know that they had a good time and probably did not miss me even half as much as I missed them. I can’t wait to see them tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment