Monday, June 27, 2011

First Day of Camp


We took Kasey and Conner to church this morning they along with 20 other kids and 6 adults are headed out to Lynchburg, Virginia for Centri~ Kid, Church Camp. It will be a weeklong good time for them learning, growing in Christ.  I know they will be taken care of and have a good time but of course I still worry about them. I have decided to take every thought of worry and replace it with a prayer instead; I am focusing on turning them over to God for this week so He can work in their lives, as He needs to for them to grow into what he created them to be.

It leaves me at home with just Wesley and Adrianna. This morning after Wesley had done a couple things for Adrianna and was talking sweet to her she asked me “why is Wesley being so nice to me” I told her it was probably because Kasey and Conner were not there so it was just the two of them to play with each other and get along. Her reply, “oh, okay.” They have actually been very sweet to each other all day, part of it may also be that Adrianna will not be here Wednesday as she is going to her friend Hailey’s house to swim and spend the night.
I am planning on doing something special with Wesley since he feels left out with everyone having plans and going places; right now all he wants to do is go to Pizza Hut.
Today I took them to the YMCA to go swimming for a while. At the pool they have to wear necklaces indicating their swim level and areas of the pool they are allowed to go into. The green ones mean a capable swimmer who is allowed in both pools and the slide area. A yellow necklace is allowed in the family pool and cannot go in water over their shoulders. Kasey, Conner, and Adrianna all took the test and received green necklaces when we joined the Y and Wesley received a yellow one. Well today Wesley decided to try and test again for the green necklace. Since he already had yellow to move up all he had to do was swim the length of the Olympic pool and tread water for a full minute. He did it!! He said, “I am so proud of myself,” I told him I was proud of him to.

Tonight after they were ready for bed as we were lying around snuggling they said that they missed Conner and Kasey. I told them I did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment