This week has been a catch up and clean up week. We got back home on Saturday from Georgia in order to be here Father’s Day with Mike. We spent the day with him doing whatever he wanted.
On Monday we celebrated my birthday in style! I washed clothes, cleaned the house and cooked supper. BBQ ribs on the grill, black eye peas, rice, sliced tomatoes. It was just another day. I gave up celebrating after my 40th. The kids did make me a cake and boy when they lit the candles it was a big fire on top. They didn’t put as many candles on there as there should have been just enough to make a 4 and a 3.
On Monday we celebrated my birthday in style! I washed clothes, cleaned the house and cooked supper. BBQ ribs on the grill, black eye peas, rice, sliced tomatoes. It was just another day. I gave up celebrating after my 40th. The kids did make me a cake and boy when they lit the candles it was a big fire on top. They didn’t put as many candles on there as there should have been just enough to make a 4 and a 3.
I have been cleaning out the kid’s rooms and helping Kasey & Conner get ready for camp. They will be heading out on Monday going for the week with the church group. This will be Conner’s first ever camp and only Kasey’s second camp. They are excited to be going and I am happy but I know I will miss them and worry about them the whole time they are gone. I always wonder what they are doing and what is going on when they are away from me. It will be quiet around the house with those two gone.
Adrianna is going to a friend’s house on Wednesday to spend the night so I am thinking of doing something special with Wesley since he is feeling left out with nothing planned for him.
The kids are so excited to be out of school and are enjoying their summer break. We already have most all of the curriculum to start our home school program and they are looking forward to it. Adrianna is ready to start now she doesn’t want to wait.
I again for the summer colored their hair brown, blue, fuchsia, and red. Once again we see people’s reaction. The kids take it and are polite and don’t even notice when people stare at them. The other day while we were out running errands a lady looked at Wesley and said, “That is some kind of haircut and do you have” Wesley replied, “Thank you” the lady looked at him and said, “I didn’t say I liked it” he turned looked at me and then looked back at her and replied, “Thank you very much” and then gave her a big smile.
I mean really… they are kids, it is not permanent, it fades out within a month (or less if swimming a lot) they love it, they are happy, makes them feel good and gives them confidence, it does not cause long term damage, and they think I rock for doing it for them. They ask for it knowing people will stare at them~ their responses~
I don’t care if they stare.
People should not judge us by the color of our hair.
Just because our hair is colored doesn’t mean we changed.
God loves me even with my hair colored.
Pretty smart kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment