What could you accomplish if you gave total control of your life over to God and allowed Him to use you and be the change the world needs?
7But the LORD said to me:
“Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’
For you shall go to all to whom I send you,
For you shall go to all to whom I send you,
And whatever I command you, you shall speak.
8Do not be afraid of their faces,
For I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD.
8Do not be afraid of their faces,
For I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD.
Jeremiah 1:7-8
This question came to me after listening to the lesson Wednesday night on prayer. The lesson was from 1 Samuel and Hannah’s prayer for a son. I had time afterward to sit and be still while waiting on the kids to finish in their groups. Of course my mind starting thinking. A lot of people have been commenting on the trial and verdict of Casey Anthony. I have not said a word and do not plan to voice my opinion, I have not seen or heard all the evidence, plus it is not my place to judge anyone.
In our human state we are susceptible to the influence of others on our decisions that we make. It is hard to live for God alone and stand up to the judgment and scrutiny of people around us whether they are friends or family. Which of course just led me to ask and wonder…
Is there anything that you couldn’t/wouldn’t do?
What would you be most afraid of doing/saying?
What would excite you the most to say/do?
What do you think you could accomplish alone? With the help of 5, 10, 25, 50, or 100 people?
What would you do first ~what you desire or God commands?
How far would you allow God to use you ~ push you till you break or just till your uncomfortable?
How far are you willing to go for Him to reveal himself to others but not to you?
How long would you continue to do His work never seeing any change in any situation?
How could you continue to have hope when nothing seems to matter or make a difference?
Would you shout from the rooftops or keep it hidden in your heart that God is using you?
How do you decide who to tell and who to help if what God is telling you is for someone who you think is not “deserving”?
What if you had to choose who gets the help you can provide ~ How would you decide ~ feelings or emotions?
What if you don’t/can’t understand the decisions God has you make and share with others. What if it goes against what you “think” is right?
Would you have misgivings, questions, concerns, issues by stepping out of your comfort zone? Would you follow without question or ask and pray for understanding first?
Would you be able to stand alone if no one ever stepped up to defend you or showed you any support? What if you are ostracized by family, friends, and every person who knows you?
Could you be a Jeremiah?
Psalm 18:30
“As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.”
No comments:
Post a Comment