Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kasey Update

Kasey is doing well in school. She made A’s and 1 B on her report card that came out last week. She is also now in a program for girls only called Girls on Track; it is in partnership with the YMCA. She has a couple of friends that are also on her same team. There are only 14 girls allowed on a team and they have 4 coaches with a junior coach who is a high school senior. They meet twice a week for an hour and a half each day. It will run until May when all the Girls on Track come together for a 5K run along with their running buddy. I am Kasey’s running buddy. I am still not totally released from the surgeon yet, so I will be walking and prepping that way. Mike is running with her while I walk for now. We all go together and walk/run as a family.
She also went to the Valentine’s Dance with Neil. They were voted cutest couple. She was nervous and excited, looking absolutely beautiful. She is growing up so fast it is scary!! I realized that we only have 6 years left to help guide/teach her before she is gone out (maybe~semi) on her own to college and that is way not enough time!
She still struggles with all the drama of middle school and how friends are not all they should/could be. Girls are mean-just to be mean, boys are smart alecks trying to be funny/cool. Both saying mean and hurtful comments not caring if the words they use hurt. Hopefully she will develop a thicker skin, but as sweet and sensitive as she is I am just not so sure.

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful to hear about the kids. Thanks fo sharing. It sounds like Kasey is a lot like Dylan--in need of tougher skin--and he's a boy! :) Say hello to everyone for me.

    ReplyDelete