Adrianna’s teacher decided to have Science one day a week to help get the kids interested in it. She asked for parents to help volunteer to do experiments with their kids and their child would be the scientist for a day. Well of course Adrianna wanted me to sign up it. I did for 3 different days.
The first time I went and did an experiment Adrianna picked out this really cool one where we burned money without actually catching it on fire. All went well except for the smell of something burning that lingered in the classroom for the rest of the day. I earned a new nickname from Mrs. Laseter (her teacher) who would write me notes starting with Mrs. Firebug. LOL
Yesterday was my turn for experiment number 2. This time Adrianna decided to do the Diet Coke and mentos explosion. She wanted to do the one where we threw it up and let it fall and then bounce back up taking off like a rocket. We went outside and I explained the chemical reaction that would happen and what we were going to see. Well since this is for the kids they are to assist in the experiment. I forgot to turn on my thinking switch and let Adrianna hold the mentos as I explained everything. I did remember to bring the whole pack, as I was explaining Adrianna was eating the mentos.
We get ready to demonstrate and I am telling the kids what we are doing step by step and then we would show them, but while I am still explaining it Adrianna decides to go ahead and drop the mentos into the Diet Coke.
Oh yes, if you have ever seen this you know what happened next…it starts shooting Diet Coke out as I am squatting right beside it and I get a Diet Coke shower on my face, hair, shirt and pants!
The kids backed up really fast laughing and saying how cool that was. All I could do was laugh. Not exactly what we had planned and Adrianna knew what would happen as we had done this the day before so we would be ready at school.
I told the teacher that I would come back on Friday and we would try again. Why I’m not sure but I did. It will be fun and hopefully not as sticky and raining Diet Coke next time.
My reward for all this, when Adrianna got home she told me, “ Mom, you are the best mom I could ever have. I love you!”
Yea, it was worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment