Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just a thought

After listening and talking with a friend I have realized a few things. This is for you...

Life has a funny way of putting distance between family. Actually, it isn't life and it isn't funny.

I am not sure why these relationships weren’t always on solid ground during the earlier part of your lives. Different life phases, careers, school, interests? Misinterpreted statements, misconstrued circumstances. You never really had a close bond or connection. I don't know that you will ever get your finger pinpointed on it. However, like a testimony, life before Christ should never be the focus...it is the incredible transformation of life with Christ - you know, the good stuff, that really matters.

In place of these things, I believe a softness and compassion for God now resides which trickles down to how you view each other. You have been given a chance to see and experience their heart and I praise God for that.

You are shining. I am amazed at how God has so quickly and without any hubbub or therapy fully restored this relationship as if it has always been. Don’t be sad that you didn't have all of this earlier, however I am more thrilled for you to have it for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment