Friday, March 26, 2010

Science awry part 2

Yes I went back today to re-do Adrianna’s science experiment. Well it did not turn out as expected. This time I thought I was more prepared as I brought two 2-liters of Diet Coke and more mentos.

The kids wanted to see the “fountain” again first so we set up for that and it went off without getting any on me.

Adrianna was a different story. As soon as the Diet Coke started shooting up Adrianna takes off running and goes to stand right under it. Of course she gets soaked with Diet Coke. It is all in her hair, down the back of her shirt, her pants, her face, she is a wet sticky mess and laughing like it was the funniest thing.


It started this morning with her telling me that she wanted to come home after we did her experiment. I told her no. She wanted me to eat lunch with her again, I told her no, I just ate with you on Wednesday and I am eating with Kasey today. Then she stated that she did not want to ride the bus so I could just come back and pick her up as a car rider; again I told her no. So I was not surprised when right before we walk outside she again tells me she wants to go home after we finish the experiment, I told her no, do not ask again you are staying the whole day and you will ride the bus.

So when the Diet Coke goes shooting in the air she runs and stands under it. When it stops she looks right at me and tells me she is wet so now she will have to go home with me. Her teacher laughed as I bent down to get eye level and repeated no, you are not. You did that on purpose so you will have to stay in those wet sticky clothes until you get home and you will ride the bus.

When we tried to do the rocket it wound up spraying on me as I shook it before I could get it thrown up and away far enough. I was soaked more this time than on Wednesday. I told Mrs. Laseter that I’m sorry but I am not going to come try for a third time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Kids will try anything to get their way. Clever little girl. I am glad that ou at least had fun attempting to make the project work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Adrianna!! She is all Lee!
    What was so funny was her teacher's expression that I was leaving her at school soaking wet and sticky. I told her maybe this will teach her a lesson.

    ReplyDelete