Conner was working on his homework last night and asked me how to spell gonna or gotta. I asked him what are you writing?
He explained that it was his free writing journal, and he had to write about the ways you take care of a pet. So he decided to write about how he helps take care of Smackey Mae. I asked him to tell me the sentence he wanted to write. He replied, “I’m gonna have to feed the dog and then I gotta take her out” I told him all the other correct words he could use that would be proper.
He looked at me and stated, “But mom I can’t this is supposed to be me just writing how I want to write and how I talk. I am a country boy from Heard County and sometimes I just say gotta and gonna"
No comments:
Post a Comment