Thursday, September 3, 2009

News Flash

It has been a while since I blogged to update, that is because we moved last week and I have not had an Internet connection.

We are all moved into our new house and probably 80% unpacked. Mike took vacation this week to stay at home with me and help unpack and get settled in. All four of the kids have been in school so the two of us were able to get a lot done during the day. Of course our afternoons are busy with homework, football practice and cheer practice. We all have been in bed early and up early the next morning.

Wesley had his first day of school last Friday. He absolutely loved it. He said he knew he would since his teacher already knew him and liked him. He has made a few friends and thinks that the day is not long enough. On Friday after he got home had a snack and played with the kids he said he was ready to go back and finish the day at school. I told him he was done for the day and he would go back on Monday.
His teacher has a son in Kasey’s class and is also on Conner’s football team.
Saturday Conner had his first scrimmage game and Mrs. Freeman was there; Wesley got excited ran to her and talked a few minutes then came back upset because he thought she had come to take him to school. Then he runs back over to her and again returns upset, he said, “I told her since she wasn’t taking me to school that we could just have school here and she said no.” I explained that he had to wait till Monday for school.
He enjoys going and looks forward to playing with his friends and making new ones. I am happy that he likes it and is having an easy adjustment.

Kasey and Conner are adjusting to their new classes and teachers although they both don’t like the extra work that they have to do.

Adrianna is a different story. She is unhappy, doesn’t like it and complains/borderline whines about going. She has 5 of her old classmates, but doesn’t care. She has made up her mind that she doesn’t like and it will not be easy (if possible) to change her mind about this year. Her teacher has noticed that she was completing the work quickly and correctly so she was tested and she is testing at 2nd grade level so now she is receiving different work to try and challenge her. She didn’t care; she said, "I don’t want to do that work either." Please pray that she will adjust and learn to like her class.

No comments:

Post a Comment