Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wrestling Camp

Conner and Adrianna went to a week-long wrestling camp. I enjoyed it as much as they did. I was proud of Adrianna. She was the only girl out of 32 boys. She held her ground and did not take anything off them.
As soon as the coach blew the whistle she would go after and take them down.



The last day she had 4 live wrestling matches, she won 3; her 1 loss was against Conner. The coach put her against him to see how she would do. She beat the other boys by pinning them and he thought it would be a good match up. Conner was unable to pin her but he did win by points. She was happy with that.

She was a joy to watch as she was all dressed in pink, a pink bodysuit and pink shorts with red and white hearts on them. She had her hair braided in 4 rows against her head. She looked all girly and just laughed and smiled the whole 3 hours every day.



I asked her after the last day of camp on the way home if she wanted to wrestle this year when the season starts with Conner. Her reply, “No, I think ballet may be more my style”.

Now I’m wondering where did that come from? I am also hoping she will change her mind and decide to wrestle.

No comments:

Post a Comment