Tonight the kids did something that surprised both Mike and I. They all got up in front of everyone tonight at church and sang.
Every fifth Sunday of the month we have gospel singing at the evening services. The choir director thought for this month we would just have the choir sing and then anyone in the congregation that wanted to could sing as well.
Kasey and Conner got up together and did a duet to the song Open the eyes of my heart
They did a great job and harmonized very well together.
Adrianna of course got up again to sing. She has done this in the past so she was excited and ready. She sang another of her “special” songs. (made up) This one was called There were angels coming down She does a great job; she just gets up there and sings her heart out with no fear or hesitation. As she has told me several times, “God loves it when she sings”
Of course this left Wesley deciding that if they could sing then so could he. He stepped up and said he needed the microphone so when he got it he started singing Jesus loves me He sang without missing a word. He was so proud of himself and actually started to cry when it was over because he wanted to sing another song.
Mike did not sing this time. He had to leave early to go back to work for a while.
I actually got up there and sang with Adrianna, thus proving my point that God gave me many talents but singing is definitely not one of them!!
Why would I even do that knowing how horrible I am?
When Adrianna is the one asking and my explaining to her that I can’t sing is not working against her argument that God loves it when we sing for Him and praise Him. The kicker “Momma, I love the way you sing, it sounds beautiful to me and I just want to sing a beautiful song with you for God so He will be happy”
So I did. What did we sing? Again this is from Adrianna so it was not a simple children's tune. It was- Chris Tomlin Amazing Grace My Chains are Gone I know a hard song.
We all have heard people say make a joyful noise. Well I made a “noise” and it was joyful since I was doing it with Adrianna and that is what matters.
Psalm 100
No comments:
Post a Comment