Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother’s Day and it was an off day for me.

I decided that I was going to church I had enough of sitting in the bed. I wanted to go to church with my family. I told Mike that it should be ok if we go to church and come right back home. I could prop it up at church and all would be fine.

Well of course things never go as planned around here most of the time. We went to church and I did prop it up in a chair as planned but my downfall started after we left church.

Mike and the kids wanted to take me out for Mother’s Day since I can’t cook and Mike needed to go to work for a little while, he thought this was a good idea. Feed me and the kids, take us home, let me rest, then he could go into work and come back in time to get the kids ready for school tomorrow and put them to bed.

Unfortunately it seemed everyone else decided to go out to eat as well. We wound up going 3 different places after waiting and me getting tired and grouchy because I am up on the crutches and my leg & foot is swelling and throbbing, the kids are hungry and getting tired and restless of standing there waiting.

We ended up having a nice lunch at Cracker Barrel, came home, the kids went out to play. I laid on the bed with my foot & leg elevated to reduce the swelling and help ease the throbbing, fell asleep for 2 hours and woke up to find Mike washing clothes and cleaning the house.
I am so blessed.

But none of that is what made it an off day. It was that we were here and our Mom’s were back in Georgia. For the past 17 years we have always traveled between house’s to visit and spend time with them. It was so different to have Mike and the kids focused on me and not us focusing on Granny, Nana, and aunts….

Overall, it was a great day because it was spent with the ones I love the most. Mike and the kids are my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment