Four weeks ago I fell down the stairs and have been bed bound since. I went back to the doctor on Friday and was finally given permission to get out of bed and start putting some weight on my leg/foot. I was thrilled.
I move slow as I am making sure to put “some” weight on my foot and not all of it. I am making progress forward and certainly do not intend to go back.
Mike and the kids are glad I am back up and moving around. I am very understanding that my kitchen can be set back the way I had it. I am thankful for all the help from everyone.
I even cooked dinner Tuesday night, pork roast (in crock-pot) rice, green beans, and pasta salad, bread. They all loved it and were so happy that mom can cook again.
My new bible study group that I went to (for only two weeks) before the accident got together and made a meal schedule that covered us for two and half weeks. We also were blessed to receive a meal from a group over at Lowe’s. The kids tried new dishes and ate, some standard favorites. They were thankful for the cooking and meals that the other women did for them. Mike was also very grateful. He did 2 days of “mom duties” and lectured me for the past 3 weeks that I do too much for these kids and they are way to spoiled. They need to take on more responsibilities and help out a whole lot more. This was nothing new I have heard the same lecture when I was in the bed recouping from having my gallbladder out. I also have heard the same exact thing from my own mom on several occasions. This I laugh from a woman who did pretty much everything for us kids as well.
We are slowly getting back into our routine of things and I for one am glad. I love my routine and schedule and feel off kilter when we are not. The kids mind and behave better when they know what is going on.
We are closing in on a year of being here in North Carolina you know there will be more coming about that soon!
glad you are up and about.
ReplyDelete