This week has been a busy week at the school. We are in the last days for the school year of course that means special events and parties are happening. With having 3 kids in school I have been busy trying to help in each class so one doesn’t feel slighted or left out.
As I was getting ready to go again this morning to the school and having a hard time trying to decide what to wear Wesley came in and said, “Mom you look beautiful”. I told him thank you and I continued to look to make sure I was wearing just the right outfit.
Then it dawned on me that it really doesn’t matter what I wear. The kids love me and just want me there with them. I also realized that the kids have never said anything critical about what I wear or the way I look.
I have been discouraged lately as the weight I had lost has come back since I have been on bed rest. I am ready to get back to the Y and work it off again. So getting dressed and going out to the school, I have not been excited about.
But this really has been on my mind today that we as a society place a lot of emphasis on looks. Adults are quick to judge one another by first impressions based on looks. Children however do not notice looks. They seem to notice people by their words, actions, and behavior.
So what do your actions say to the kids who are watching you?
1 Samuel 16:7
The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
No comments:
Post a Comment