Saturday, June 20, 2009

What a week

So we left our home last week to come back to Georgia for a visit. It has been a busy time this week. We have had fun seeing family and playing with cousins, going back to church, attending VBS, and just sitting around talking catching up. We have laughed, cried, and enjoyed our time here.

We came back sooner to visit than originally planned due to the passing of our very dear friend Denise going home to be with the Lord. It was a time of sorrow and rejoicing. We are saddened to have lost her here with us but we rejoice and take comfort knowing that she is with the Lord and in no more pain.

The kids have gone “swimming” in a mud hole and decided that it is the “most fun”. They of course love getting muddy and dirty. June and Augusta have been so excited to have their “friends” here to play with them. All six of them were able to attend VBS together laughing and having a good time learning about God’s Extreme Love. They also had a lot of fun dressing up in Nana's clothes,putting on make-up and having their pictures taken. They were able to go swimming in Nana's pool with Nicholas and Nathan and play on the playground.

I have been busy myself. I helped Nana extend her patio, do yard work, and clean the house. There are two more projects that she wants to do but they will have to wait till I get back. I also went back up to Riverdale to cut a vacant lot that Dad owns. But the big thing I did was taking Toni to the American Idol auditions. She made it as far as auditioning before the producers but then got cut. She still may be seen on TV trying out though so we will be watching the Atlanta auditions looking for her. They said she had the look and the voice but lacked the confidence they were looking for.

Going to the auditions meant going to the Georgia Dome. Phobia fears were kicking in. I mean taking MARTA to get there and then all those people. I think they said there were around 8,000 that tried out. That many people close quarters, I shudder. It’s not me it was all of those other people not knowing where they have been. Ew

We are in our last couple of days here. We will be leaving Monday going back home to doctor visits and a mini football camp. I also will be packing what I can around the house. In other words back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment