Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Battles

We have snow here again! I am not crazy about it but it is going along with my mood lately. I have been like in a funk this past week. I can pinpoint when it happened and what caused it (my #2 pet peeve of all time) but am struggling to overcome it. It seems like everything is just piling on top. anyway…

We did have a great weekend with Nana/Mom and Nicholas visiting this past weekend. They came up to watch Conner’s last matches of the season. He won both of them.(He did very well his first year finishing with only one loss. That was his very first match.) He is sure and confident of himself when he steps onto the mat and into the circle.

We had told Nana not to worry, as we have not seen anyone hurt. But of course, the very first round third match a boy had his arm broken. It was a natural instinct on his part by putting his arm out as he was being flipped to brace himself. They both landed on it as it was twisting. Then after the second round the paramedics were called again after another boy was flipped and landed on the top of his head and injured his neck. It is a contact sport.

I have been asked if I was scared for Conner to break something. I am not. I am sure that I would be upset but I also know that I would be calm. I have to be; I’m mom. I know that there is a risk of him getting hurt just as there was a risk of him being hurt in football, baseball, and the girls with cheer leading. Anytime you are moving and twisting your body to get away from others who are out to stop you there is a huge risk involved. I can’t protect them from everything.

But I can protect them from other things making sure they are equipped with the armor of God for life.

Ephesians 6:14-17

1 comment:

  1. Hynson House,

    Your blog is always a highlight of the day. Thanks

    A3

    ReplyDelete