Friday, February 6, 2009

Negotiations

Wesley & Adrianna were upstairs playing when Wesley grabbed Adrianna’s crown (one of many) and broke it. They came downstairs crying and I told them to handle it by themselves…..

Adrianna- Wesley you broke my crown now what do you say?

Wesley- (crying) I said I was sorry!

Adrianna- Well that’s not enough, what else are you suppose to say?

Wesley- (crying) I don’t know.

Adrianna- Yes, you do. I always say it to you when I do something to you!

Wesley- (in tears) I just don’t know.

Adrianna- Yes, you do!!! I always say it to you! You know first you say you’re sorry and mean it, and then right before I give you a hug what do I always ask you?

Wesley- (crying) I don’t remember, just tell me what to say.

Adrianna- (exasperated) Ok fine, you say what can I do to make it better?

Wesley- (crying still) Adrianna, I’m sorry I broke your crown. What can I do to make you feel better?

Adrianna- Give me one of your toys, a good one too, not an old dumb one.

Wesley- Okay

Adrianna- Ok now give me a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment