What a week this has been. Adrianna picked up a nasty stomach virus Saturday and decided to share the love. So all this week we have been going down one by one actually Kasey and Wesley overlapped on me. Mike is the sole survivor.
I actually googled the phrase “sick as a dog’ because that’s what some people say when they feel so bad. It did not help me understand what it means because I still have concluded that I would rather have natural childbirth again than to have the stomach virus. It was really really bad.
My husband is the sweetest. He stepped up and took the well kids to school and picked them up for me. They loved it, I appreciated it. He also fed, checked homework, and overran the house while I was down for two days. I am SO blessed.
We all were praying for each other daily whoever was down until they got back up and then another would go down. We kept dropping one right after another. It could not have come at a busier week for us here.
We have been getting ready and preparing for company! Yes, finally somebody is coming to see us. It only took several months. Dad, Mom and Theresa are coming up Saturday and will be here until Monday. The kids are beyond excited. They are so hyped up that somebody is coming up here just to see them.
It has been hard at times on the kids being away from family but for our own family it has been worth it. The kids mostly miss seeing friends and family at birthdays and also miss getting to play together. They are convinced that everyone will forget them while we are here and will not remember them or want to see them when they come visit. I tell them that there is no way anyone could ever forget them!
Things are going good here other than this week’s illness. There are pressures and worries of course. The move did not solve every single problem but now we actually see more of God at work in our lives here and especially our faith in Him during these times.
God is good, all the time
&
All the time, God is good
No comments:
Post a Comment