Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A girl's weekend

I had a great weekend; well actually it was a long weekend. I left Thursday heading for Atlanta to my yearly Women of Faith Conference with my friend Donna. I look forward to this event, as it is my one weekend a year away alone. That’s right, no kids, or husbands. Donna and I have been going on our own for years and we really enjoy our time together.
I have some friends that say, “How can you go to that? It’s just a lot of noise and no one passing by would know that ya’ll were singing and praising God and listening to testimonies.” It is just too loud.

Well yes it is loud. When Sandi Patty belts out a hymn with all her soul and hits that high note it can be loud. Nicole C. Mullins also can get loud but when she sings and you can see her emotions and feelings you know that what she is singing is real, there is no explaining it. You have to be there to feel it and it can bless you like nothing else.

I realized that some people look at this event the way they see other things in life. You can’t fit everything into one mold. More specifically your mold of what worship should be. Now I like the WOF event and I really enjoy my time with Donna most of all. I see the event as an added bonus. I would not want to have a church service like that every week; it is just not my style. I try to be open about other peoples ideas of what worship are. It should mean different things to different people but in the end have a common unshakable goal, which is praising God.
I went for the overall experience and I took out of it what God wanted me to learn. I did learn some new things and I was reminded of some too. I went for my soul and me. I feel a recharge and a renewed peace and comfort from being around that many women who are all there for many different reasons but we all have the same goal, to praise and worship the one true God.

What I learned….

I was introduced to a new book. same kind of different As me I started this book and could not put it down. It is an amazing story. It is a true story that will touch your heart. It was amazing the way I could see God move and direct His way. The faith and healing are from the Lord. I have not read a book like this in a long time. It is not a long read either. If you have a free day I would highly recommend you read this book, it will change your heart and perspective on how you see people.

Nicole Johnson wrote a drama and it was preformed by Allison Allen that was a very matter of fact if truth is told about our deadliest weapons. Our tongues, know I knew all this but seeing it the way it was presented I had never thought of it like that before. It moved me to tears and asking for forgiveness from God first, others second.

But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
James 3:8


I learned a lot more and maybe I will be sharing some later but right now I have a boy waiting on me and that is way more important than this.

Psalm 47:1

No comments:

Post a Comment