Saturday, October 4, 2008

A day with Dad



The kids spent the day with Mike today. I was out and about running errands and checking on things for him.

At dinner tonight they all said the best part of their day was making kites and riding bikes. All of the best, worst, nice, funny things we talk about at dinner involved dad and the bikes and kites. Every one of them said they did not have a bad part today. Everyone one of them had so much fun.

They were not happy at first that I was going to leave them with him after he announced that they would be going scrounging. Whatever that all involves I am not sure.

I know that I came home to find four very happy kids and one happy dad. They all were talking and each telling me the stuff they did.

The picture is of their homemade kites that they made to “fly” behind their bikes. When that didn’t work out great they just decided to ride instead. Apparently this took on a new way to make up games to play and fun things they realized they could do on the bikes. They have decided that next time all of us would ride together. That would just be so much fun.

My part was just okay. I missed all the fun but I got to see downtown Charlotte. I think I am not missing a lot. It was very similar to downtown Atlanta, enough said.

Psalm 127:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment