Friday, January 29, 2010

A month gone by...

I can’t believe I’ve only had 3 posts for the month of January. I was looking over it and thinking why is that? I realized this month was a super busy one. I usually do my post at night and I have been so tired at night I just wanted to crawl on into bed. It didn’t slow down my thinking process of wanting to vent on some things and the kids still kept me busy as well as Mike did so there are things to mention.

Mike has been busy at work. They are back into their busy season so he has had to work late at times. He also went to a couple of team building meetings. He also is pursuing classes to take that will further his career. He says knowledge is power. The kids are just excited that he will also be going to school.

Kasey is a test of patience. She is 11 so of course she is prepubescent. The main and really only complaint is the mood swings. Oh my, when they hit they are so out of left field and any little thing can set her off. She is doing well in school making honor roll and also now has a lot of friends as well. Her cheer leading team placed 3rd in the Cheer competition. She loves cheering and still continues to cheer all around the house.

Conner is wrestling again (of course) He is unbelievable. We had a coach approach us about him joining a recognized organizational league. We will need to talk and pray about this, as it will be a huge commitment for him and us. He continues to excel in school again making honor roll. He also completed a 2-week project with “Flat Andy” that we had to take with us to at least 7 different places with pictures and a story about each place. He also is half way through an excel program in his class and has been recommended to create and enter an advanced mathematics competition.

Adrianna is hanging tough with being sidelined still from breaking her arm back in October. She should (prayerfully) be released from the doctor the first of March, just in time for spring. In the meantime, she has been reading queen in her room since October. She has read anywhere from 60 - 80 books a month each month. Adrianna also decided that she would be reading queen every month the whole school year, even when she can play again and not have to sit out and watch/read. With her determination I know she will. She continues to be on the honor roll. She is reading at the end of a second grade level and her math is also above average as she is doing second grade work in that subject too. She has been learning and doing more work on the computer since she can’t do P.E. and she loves playing and working puzzles on it.

Wesley is still just cruising on. He was able to wrestle this season also. He is fun to watch as he wrestles because he is smiling and laughing the whole time. I just wanted him to have fun and maybe even learn something. I think the goal was met. He has had struggles in his classroom with teacher changes this year, but he likes the school and the kids in his class. He says everyone is his friend. He is smarter than he shows or lets on. It’s like he doesn’t want you to know that he is smart, I think he knows if he just doesn’t do or say anything then eventually someone will do it for him. He is still my sweet baby boy as now he insists I call him my Snuggle Wuggle Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment