It is the home stretch though as we have tournaments coming up this Saturday. I am excited but at the same time not ready for it to end. Conner is doing great this year and he loves it. Wesley is just having fun, but could continue to grow and learn into a force to reckon with.
We still have not decided if Conner is going to continue on in an organization or not. We have talked a little bit about it. There is a big difference in doing it for the love of the sport and then doing it because you have to. I wouldn’t want him to end up quitting and dreading it because it stopped being something he enjoys.
School wise all the kids rocked! They received report cards on Thursday and Kasey & Conner made A honor roll, Adrianna has mastered her levels on 1st grade and still continues to work on 2nd grade level. She was once again reading queen with a total of 81 books for the month of January. Wesley is doing well learning and is right on target for Kindergarten. He does have a tendency to say, “I don’t know” when he doesn’t want/feel like doing his work. He says, “I just don’t have enough time to play when they ask me all those questions about learning.”
I am praying about another bible study this one is "I Really Want to Change, So Help Me God" by James MacDonald. It's based on Romans 6-8
It will last twice as long as the other ones have; it will be a total of 12 weeks with one week off for spring break.
We had 6-7 inches of snow here last week. That was 6-7 inches too much for me! The kids loved it, as back in Georgia we would have ice. This was soft snow. Wesley went out and 5 minutes later ran back in crying it was too cold. He finally (4 hours) later went back out for a while. Over the span of 4 days the kids sled down a hill, made a fort, made snow angels, and watched Jeanne and I make a snow woman bride. I also made homemade hot chocolate and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.
It started snowing on Friday and it continued until late Saturday afternoon. There is still actually snow on the ground today after a week later and a day of non-stop rain.
I hope that is all the snow we have but I remember it snowed here in March last year. We are out of snow make-up days in school so not sure what they will do if we miss anymore days.
No comments:
Post a Comment