Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wrestling Update

Conner’s official weight for wrestling 50 lbs.
Wesley’s official weight for wrestling 43.5 lbs

We are practicing hard and ready getting to go when matches start in January.

Only one issue I am having a problem with; there is a teammate who every time he is up against Conner he injures him.

The boy gets mad that Conner is beating him and so he gets mad and is trying to injure/hurt Conner so he can win. I have told Conner since the beginning of last year with wrestling, football and again this year with wrestling, “you don’t hurt your teammates.” When you are in practice with your team you are not out to hurt or injure them. Work with them and learn from each other. My mama bear is kicking in. I will not have Conner being hurt just because he is good.

I will let Conner handle this, as he needs to stand up for himself. I also told him if the boy does it again I want him to go ahead and take him down. Make him remember who you are what you can do.

Wesley is doing great. He is listening and concentrating when the coaches are showing him new moves. He also is having a lot of fun. He gets excited when he pins someone and he doesn't give up when he gets pinned. He keeps trying.

He probably won’t get to wrestle at matches on Saturday’s unless there is another boy in kindergarten there who also weighs between 40-45 pounds. But he is okay with that and we are to. We are just glad he is getting the experience this year. Most of all he is having so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment