Sunday, December 13, 2009

Billy Graham Library

Not being in the Christmas spirit I was excited when Mike said we could go to the Billy Graham Library last night to see their Christmas Celebration.

I was disappointed. It was as commercialized as is everything else. They had a live nativity scene, caroling, carriage rides, hot chocolate, apple cider, lights, and a story reader for the kids. I was expecting to hear the story of Christ’s birth. Nope, no mention of it.

The caroling only lasted for an hour, the carriage rides were $10.00 person, story reader just picked different books to read. The lights were only in some trees, and the live nativity had 3 boys dressed as shepherds, one as Joseph, a girl dressed as Mary and a doll in a wooden box. For the live nativity they had a camel, sheep and a donkey. No talking, no recording of the birth playing no sounds at all.

I told Mike even at Callaway Gardens after you drive through and see all the lights they always have the telling of Christ’s birth using lights and it has always moved me to tears to see and hear about the birth of my Savior.

We braved the cold and the kids had fun (so they said) and it was free; other than that it was not worth the drive and missing family game night.

We were only able to get a few pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment