Thursday, March 5, 2009

God is MY Pilot

We made a very quick trip back to Georgia to take care of some personal business this past weekend. We were unable to leave until after the kids had gotten out of school on Friday and we had to be back home Sunday.

We left in the pouring down rain here and drove all through it until we reached Nana’s house over 6 hours later. It was a long tiring drive; there were 3 accidents that stalled/stopped traffic. I myself had 2 close calls; the first one a car was passing another and just came right into my lane and I had to veer off the side of the road to keep from being hit.
The second time I was stopped, (as there was an accident ahead.) The car behind me was not paying attention and hit the brakes and went off the side of the road to avoid hitting me. This set off a four-car chain reaction of cars directly behind me.

When we finally arrived I was drained and thankful to be safe. Business was taken care of quickly and then we were able to visit with family and catch up a bit. It was the first we were back since Christmas and the last until Easter.

We were ready to leave early Sunday morning ahead of the storm/snow coming in. Again we left and drove in rain all the way home! The ride home also took over 6 hours. You have to be careful when transporting “precious cargo.”
We were close to Mooresville on I-77 when all of a sudden an 18-wheeler came across his right and into my center lane forcing me into the left lane where there was already an SUV! I had a second to react and think, I stayed calm, took my foot of the gas not touching the brake and praying for God’s hands to protect us. There was literally 2 inches between the three of us. Neither one of these drivers saw me. Mike said his life flashed in front of his face. He just knew I was going to be crushed.

I see people that have that bumper sticker God is my co-pilot. Well, I know He is not my co-pilot but my pilot. I know with Him in charge I have someone to always watch over me and protect me anywhere I go. I never travel without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment