Monday, December 15, 2008

A lesson from Wesley

On the way to the doctor’s office yet again, Wesley starts telling me how good he will be. I tell him ok, I would love him to behave and be really quiet while we are there.
Right after telling me this our conversation then goes like this……

Wesley… yelling and shouting something that I can’t quite make out.
Me…(Finally after the third or fourth time) Wesley what are you yelling?
Wesley… God
Me…Wesley, why are you yelling God?
Wesley… I have to talk to Him so roll down your window
Me…I don’t have to roll down my window and you do not have to shout to talk to God
Wesley…Yes, I do. I want Him to hear me
Me...(roll down the window as this must be very important) Ok go ahead
Wesley… God, It’s me Wesley and I love you!

As I am rolling up the window with tears in my eyes and thinking how sweet he is then he announces that if we only had a cool flying car we could just fly up to heaven and tell God and Nanny Jones that we love them.

Proverbs 3:5
To me this means not to follow your mind and its ways but be like a child and let your spirit direct you through your heart.
The Lord will look after you. He promises if you have the faith of a child you will enter into His Kingdom. It’s time to go with your heart and be a child rather than living like an adult in your mind.

Yes, I continue to learn from my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment