I have taken to calling the kids “little duckies” when we are out running errands. I guess this is because they all follow behind me in a row like baby ducks follow their moms around.
Anyway, I finally made it out yesterday to finish some Christmas shopping with ALL four at one time as I usually do.
I got so bewildered by people as we were shopping that kept asking, “ Are all those kids yours?” “Do all of them belong to you? “ Is that four kids you have?” I just kept replying proudly with a smile,” yes, they are all mine!”
They would shake their heads and make comments: Your brave! You got your hands full! Oh, my! I would just say, yes I am blessed.
When Mike got home I told him about this. Now this is not something new; I have often heard this as any parent with more than two kids has. But, I told Mike what got to me was the tone in their voice and the attitude that they had. Also the fact that they didn’t care the kids heard and saw them.
If I could have taken the time and told them just how honestly blessed I have been from God with these children and the things that they have taught me, I would have.
Mike had a different response, “just tell them nah, only one is mine the others just showed up. Here’s your sign.”
Matthew 19:14
i get the same thing with 3 year old twins and a 1 year old. those are the people that don't understand that children are Gods gift of love. but thats ok. gives us more hugs and kisses then they get. glad your doing better and up and about again. excited to see you all.
ReplyDelete