Tuesday, December 9, 2008

At Peace

I received the call from Mike at 2:27 a.m. that Nanny Jones has gone home to be with the Lord. After speaking to him and then praying I could not go back to sleep. I know.. will make for a very long day today!

My mind keeps returning to the story I read Adrianna in her book last night. It was God, How did I do today? The book asks questions such as: Did I praise your name today? Did I give you my worries? Did I give you my joy? Did I sing your praises? Did I give you thanks? Did I remember you today?

I keep going over these questions in my mind and the answer is yes! Even with all that is going on we still gave everything to Him. That is what He wants, not just us talking to and praising Him when things are going good but also when they appear to be going bad for us as well. He wants it all.

It also keeps bring me back to the verse Psalm 100:4-5

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.


Nanny Jones lived to see and influence 5 generations. Now may she rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment