To say we’ve had a busy week would be an understatement with all that is going on.
As most of you know we are dealing with not one but two very difficult situations.
First Nanny Jones is declining in health and the doctors have informed us there is nothing more they can do. Then on top of that Carol was also taken to the hospital with a very grim outlook. The prayers that have gone out for our family at this time have brought us much comfort and peace during this time.
We have explained the situation as best as we can on different levels for the kids ability to understand. Mike returned home to be with his mom and family during this time. I have remained here with the kids waiting, praying, and holding down the house.
On top of this I have been having some health issues that finally I could take no more and went to the doctor. After many tests and doctor visits in a week, I will have surgery to remove my gallbladder next week, as it is full of gallstones. So with this entire thing going on to say things have been a little hectic here and feeling like it is going in circles on me is an understatement.
I have said before that I know my children teach me. Tonight just what I needed to hear came from Conner and Adrianna as I was tucking them into bed. Now this is not something that I usually do. Mike is always the one to walk them up and tuck them in with a story. But tonight with him gone I was the one who received a blessing that comforted me as only words from God can.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights;
James 1:17
Indeed every good and perfect gift is from God. Especially my children and I thank Him every day for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment