Saturday, April 9, 2011

Truth


I was approached yesterday by someone who “had heard a nasty rumor” about/concerning me, and she wanted to know if it was true. I told her I had no idea what she was talking about.

Honestly, I wouldn’t have considered calling it a rumor.  The thing that I thought later was how often people hear rumors or say something about someone else taking it as either the truth or gossip. Rarely do people actually have the nerve to go and ask the person directly about rumors they hear. I am not sure why this is. I suppose either most people really don’t want to know the truth or they don’t care. Even after they find the truth out they still question and doubt if it is really the truth.

Society has given in to gossip and hidden agendas so they think the worst of people. I would guess it is easier to just believe whatever you want without actually making the effort to get to the truth, that way you do not have to actually put any effort into the situation or the person if there is a problem. People do not want to be bothered with others because as they see it, they will have to give something up of themselves. But of course, if you actually make the effort and reach out to people then ~gasp~ they might actually take a few minutes of your precious time up.

I will not engage in gossip, rumors or any other such “information” that is told about someone else. It is really very simple; I am busy with my own life, I do not have time to talk about someone else’s. If there is a problem I will do my best to help in any way that I can, but taking someone’s account of something they are not even sure is the truth? Nope, that I do not have time for.

 

Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalm 25:5

No comments:

Post a Comment