Thursday, April 7, 2011

The answer is...



Last week Adrianna had the stomach virus that she picked up from school. She shared with Wesley who in turn, of course, shared with me. So being sick and lying around gave her the opportunity to “talk” to me uninterrupted as she said, “I have a lot of things I want to talk about”. I knew this really meant… I have a LOT of questions to ask. Here are some that I could answer and also some I just had no answer for.

Why did Granny Hynson want you to meet daddy?

How are you sure that you have a real friend?

Why does daddy have to go to work and you work at home?

Why did God make the sky blue instead of purple?

Why did God make the leaves and grass green?

Why do people make fun of others and pick on them?

Why do people drink beer if it’s nasty?

Why am I the third child instead of being the baby?

Why did you want to have Wesley after you had me?

Why do teachers tell us one thing and then tell us something different the next day?

If God can do anything then why can’t he lie?

God can’t lie so he can’t do everything?

Who decided the names of the days of the week?

Why did they give them those names of the week?

How come everyone doesn’t know that Sunday is the first day of a week?

Why are some people so mean?

Why should we care what other people think?

What was your very first pet?

Why was that your first and how old were you?

Why doesn’t pawpaw go to church?

How come every one doesn’t go to church?

Why is pink for girls and blue for boys?

What if a boy likes purple and a girl likes green?

How do you know what you want to be when you grow up?

Why won’t God tell me what my future will be?

Why do people say I am too smart?

What is a stiff drink? How would you make it stiff? Why would you want it?

Who decides where roads are going?

Why do they make such curvy roads?

Why do you cook good meals all the time for us?

This went on and on with even more questions that I have forgotten.

This morning at 6:11 she was all ready for school and came and snuggled up to me and asked, “could we talk?” I knew that meant more questions so I asked her how about if this time for once I asked her a couple of questions?
My questions, she said were too easy. Here they are along with her response…

Why are you so sweet and pretty?
God made me that way.

Why are you so sure and confident of yourself?
I know God loves me.

How do you know that God did all that, don’t you think you have something to do with how you are?

(exasperated look and heavy sigh) Mama, I KNOW God loves me and he made me exactly how He wants me to be! The only thing I don’t know is why He made me this way. I have asked Him a bunch of times and He only says, “wait and see what I have planned for you”

So of course her final question she left me with this morning…

When is God going to show me what He has planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment