Sunday, August 9, 2009

Just a vent....

There is nothing like someone who aggravates me to take my mind off of all the things that I have to get done.

I am what people call a “rule follower”. To me rules are set to help people know what to do and maybe even how to do things. In a way some are good and yes I know some are dumb and even unnecessary. But for the most part they have a rhyme and/or reason.

Like for instance bylaws. They are supposed to help a church be able to run in some kind of order. Otherwise you can have mass confusion and people doing things to suit them and not the whole body.

All this came about in a monthly conference meeting. To me I asked a simple question, but oh my! I evidently hit a nerve. One lady got so mad and in such a fit, I mean red face, raised voice, and the tone of her voice and facial expressions had me ready to get up and just walk right out of there.

I am not going into any more detail than that. I don’t feel that is necessary because the thing that just stuck in my mind the most was this.

She was upset at something another lady called and told her about that supposedly was said in a meeting. I asked how did you know? Were you at the meeting? She said no, but so-and-so called and told me. My comment to her was then it was none of your business.

I did not say it rudely or mean any disrespect but that was the way I saw it. Just like I told her it was none of my business either.

Why do people have this need to know everything that goes on? They feel like they have to be in the middle of things telling everything they know to anyone who will listen. Just to build them up I guess. This is my thought and I have shared it before with some of you; I have more than enough going on and keeping me busy with Mike and 4 kids to worry about what other people are doing.

There is only one person that I am concerned about pleasing and that I want to know what is going on with everything and every part of my life. He will always listen and always have my back. I decided to follow Him a long time ago and I know He will never leave me or let me down.

Times like these just make me say, God I am ready. To think of a day where there are no more bickering and petty arguing just praising the Lord!! I am SO ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment