The one thing I
absolutely dread at Christmas time has already started- Elf on a shelf.
I don’t get it! I
mean this little stuffed elf sits on a shelf and “watches” you to report back
to Santa about how good you are. Or it is suppose to get kids to behave because
he is watching them. But, here is what I don’t get- the elf sneaks around at
night and makes a mess. What is the point?
I mean really?!?!
I have enough to clean up with Mike, the kids and the dog, and I’m going to lie
to the kids about a stuffed elf and then add to it by bringing an elf in to
cause more trouble? People say, Awe, but it’s cute, fun and the kids love it.
Of course they do someone else makes a huge mess, they laugh, don’t get in
trouble and then watch Mom clean it up.
I had not even
thought about the dumb thing until this morning at church when I went in to
start teaching Children’s church and the girls were talking about the messes
their elf’s had made. They were all laughing talking about what he had done and
how funny it was.
I did not find
any of it funny. I guess I just don’t have that type of sense of humor.
Or maybe this
year it will be a monkey in the tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment