Wesley worked hard and earned $5.00 over spring break.
Yesterday morning before school he came and asked if he could carry his money
to school and buy ice cream. (On Thursday’s for the month of April the school sells ice
cream as a fundraiser.)
I told Wesley that I had his ice-cream money and I would
give him ice cream when I was at school to help out, so he did not have to worry
about it. He explained to me that wasn’t what he wanted he to do. He had
decided that he wanted to buy ice cream for four teachers at school. He thought
that they should have ice cream so he decided he would buy it for them. I told
him that if he really wanted to do that then he could.
At school before he went in to the lunchroom he asked to go
into the classrooms and ask the teachers if he could buy them ice cream.
Everyone he asked was touched and said yes, they would love that. He was so
happy when they said yes!!
The teacher’s later thanked me thinking it was my idea and
money. I let the teacher’s know that this was his own money he worked for and
not my money he was using. I told them that he informed me this morning of what
he wanted to do. It was all him.
I was not
surprised by any of this. Wesley has the sweetest, kindest heart, just like his daddy.
As usual God uses the kids to help teach me lessons. I was
reminded that when someone wants to do something for you, whether it is
something as simple as buying you an ice-cream or buying you dinner just say,
“thank you” otherwise you are depriving them of the blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment