Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Nugget Lesson

-->
I went through the drive thru at McDonald’s on Monday after I picked the kids up from school as they were, of course, starving. We ordered their usual Monday order, four 6 piece chicken nuggets, large Dr. Pepper, and a medium Coke. We received our order and pulled over to park so we could pass out the food and say the blessing. When Conner was passing out the food he noticed that we had received an extra order of nuggets.

When you have kids you are always teaching and guiding them. You instruct and help them understand right from wrong and that your actions are a reflection of your character. Someone is always watching you.

We parked and Conner walked in with me to let them know they gave us an extra order of nuggets. When he explained and showed them the receipt that we only paid for four but they had mistakenly gave us five. The manager took the nuggets, said thank you, and then turned away. She immediately stopped and turned around and said, “here, just keep these, I have to throw them away, and I don’t want to waste food. So just keep them and enjoy.” I told her thank you but that we didn’t pay for those and I didn’t feel right taking them unless she let us pay for them. We continued to go back and forth, with her wanting to just give them to us and me, insisting on paying for them. She finally realized I was not taking them unless we paid for them.

We paid and as we were leaving we heard the cashier come over to ask what was wrong? She begins explaining what had happened to her. We left and got back in the car and we all discussed the whole situation.

Who knew that you could teach a life lesson at McDonald’s with chicken nuggets?

No comments:

Post a Comment