Thanks to Mike I was up at 4:00 am and could not go back to sleep (thanks to the nose strips for snoring that did not work). I decided to go ahead and start my day. If I knew what lay ahead I would have went back to sleep for at least another hour or two.
I started with some quiet time just for me. Then went on to wash/dry clothes. I also made sausage balls and scrambled eggs for breakfast.
Wesley had a doctor’s appointment this morning~ he has strepthroat.
I had a conference with Adrianna’s teacher this afternoon. It went very well although, I am now reflecting and my mind is working on some thoughts and questions she had. It was a very positive meeting.
I decided to let the kids play outside for a while since it was a beautiful sunshine day. I thought they would play basketball, football, and ride bikes, play foursquare, something…
The girls did; Conner however decided to cut open a golf ball with a utility knife to see what the inside looked like. He slipped and gashed his finger open.
The doctor was a young girl who was completely taken by Conner. She said that he needed at least two/three stitches but she just could not do that to him. She instead put 5 layers of glue on it to hold the cut closed and then bandaged his finger. We go back on Friday to have it checked and more glue applied if needed, I told her she could go ahead and put the stitches in so he would make sure to listen and remember that we told him not to touch knives. But she said, she just couldn’t do it.
This was one of those times that I was thankful we moved here. If we had been back in Georgia Mike would have been at work unable to help, as it was not close to home. I called him on the way to urgent care and he arrived about five-ten minutes after I did. He took the other kids home and by the time Conner and I arrived two hours later he had supper ready, all the lunches fixed, and kids bathed.
We sat together and in going over our day we were thankful that Conner was not hurt worse, Wesley is able to take antibiotics to get better, Adrianna is doing well in school, Kasey had a drama free day, Mike was able to leave work to help, and that I remained calm.
Mama always said, “there would be days like this”
No comments:
Post a Comment