Saturday, December 25, 2010

One Comment...

Mike took us out to eat at Cracker Barrel for dinner earlier this week and then off to finish some Christmas shopping. While he was in line waiting to pay our bill the kids and I were standing off to the side near the door waiting on him.

A man walks up to me and says, “excuse me but I just have to tell you what a delight it was to sit and watch your kids while you were sitting at the table having dinner. It was a joy to see a family that was not ashamed to pray together out in public. It was nice that we were able to sit near your family and not have to listen to whining, yelling or loud children. Your children knew how to behave and act out in public and I just felt the need to share that with you.

He looked at Conner and said; son when I was young like you I also had a Mohawk haircut. I knew not to judge the way you would act based on your haircut. You are a very polite well-behaved young man. Continue to listen to your parents.

Of course I did not share with him the day we were having, or as a matter of fact how the week as a whole was not one of our best. Things have been out of sync since I had my surgery and it has been an adjustment for Mike and the kids dealing with me not being able to help or do anything I usually do for them. To say it had been a little rough was an understatement. The kids were tired of being cooped up in the house, I was tired of being cooped up, Mike was tired of working and taking care of everything so it was not one of our better times.

But I was comforted that even though things may get rough at home they still are good kids that we can take out in public and know how to behave.

No comments:

Post a Comment